Friday 16 May 2014

Crumpet Quiche

Crumpet Quiche?  

I seen this on a facebook page and I thought that I might give it a go and see what it's like.  It's actually really worth trying because it's very nice.  

My problem is that Quiche alone never fills me and I'm never quite sure what I should have with it, from pre Weight Watchers day's it would have been chips and since then a salad just doesn't cut it for me, not for my dinner anyway.  

So when I seen this I thought I would try it for my lunch and see what happens, plus I had a few crumpets that needed to be eaten because with it being quite warm, I find that they are not lasting that long. 

This was actually so easy to make but on the original recipe it said that cooking time would be 25 minutes but in my oven which is a gas oven, it took nearly an hour so just keep check on it. 



WeightWatchers Filling and Healthy
WeightWatchers Simple Start
WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 6
WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 24

Ingredients

4 McCloskey Crumpets halves
4 Eggs
100mls of Total 0% Greek Yogurt
6 Bacon medallions sliced thinkly
4 scallions thinly sliced
1 tomato chopped finely
Salt and Pepper to taste
Spray Oil

Directions

Using a pyrex dish, mist with spray oil, ensuring that you get the sides of the dish aswel. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5.

Taking 2 crumpets, with them halved making 4 rounds and place at the bottom of the dish and line the remaining around the sides of the dish.  Cut to fit the dish. 

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, add the yogurt and mix.  Add the remaining ingredients, season and combine.  

Pour into the dish.  Place in oven and cook for at least 45 minutes. 

Allow the quiche to sit for roughly 10 minutes when you remove it from the oven, slice into 4 and serve. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment