Wednesday 1 August 2012

Weightwatchers Easy Madeira Cake

You can still have your cake and eat it, just Propoint it first!






In my pre Weightwatchers life, i love a good slice of maderia cake, not too extravagant, however i loved it with lashing of Kerry gold full fat butter or even thickly spread with Nutella.  I know, how indulgent!  Now, i still love my treats, i just tweak them so that i can still have them. 


There has been lots of media coverage about how bad sugar, fat, honey etc is for you and yes, if like me you needed a cow out your back, next to the cocoa tree with a direct line to Dominos, well yea it aint going to be long before the results of that show.  However, im a firm believer that a "little" of what you fancy wont kill us.  In fact i believe that it helped me shed those stones.  Over 9 for me.  It helped because i never felt deprived.  


I realised that to make it work for me and for me to have any chance of sustaining my weight loss, i needed to be able to live and enjoy my food.


So if your starting to feel the slump after joining Weightwatchers, or your motivation is starting to wane because you've been soooo gooood.  Try this!  


Weightwatchers Propoints per Serving 2
Weightwatchers Propoints per Recipe 32
Serves 16


Ingredients 




1 pack of Odlums Quick Original Cake Mix
1 Tin of pear halves in its own juices
1 Egg white
1/8 tsp of Salt
Spray Oil


Directions


Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 or per pack instructions.


Pour the juice and the pears into a jug and liquidize until smooth.  In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, the egg white and the salt.  Give a little stir to combine and then add in the liquidized pears and mix with an electric mixer.  




Mist a loaf tin with a little spray oil, especially in the bottom.  Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven for the amount of time given on the cake mix instructions.  I have a gas cooker and it took 20 minutes more for me. 


Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the tin.  Wrap the cake in a clean tea towel and place on a rack and allow to cool completely.  This helps it stay moist and it wont harden. 


Slice and serve. 






Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have too!











2 comments: